i’m loving my fren’s idea who asked me to make celery juice at home. i’m not much a vegetarian, so i think CELERY JUICE might taste ‘yucky’ to my own taste bud… it’s not bcoz i hate celery, but my mind is not really convinced to “drink” vegetable. dat’s why i never drink anything from veggies.. including carrot milk juice!
i know celery juice has many wonders to health, dat’s why i wanna start drinking it. i’ve read many articles about it, but then forgotten. so right down here is a recap. Thanks to The Detox Diva for info~
1) Celery juice can neutralizes acidity, alkalizes the body, and balances the body’s pH.
2) Rehydrates the body and replaces electrolytes – much healthier alternative to Gatorade and other sports drinks.
3) Anti-cancer and reduces the risk of certain cancers including colon and stomach cancer.
4) Lower bad cholesterol and lower blood pressure as good or better than many prescription medications.
5) Helps balance weight, aids weight loss, reduces cellulite and puffiness by acting as a diuretic and reducing inflammation.
6) Prevents constipation and reduces the risk of calcification in the body such as kidney, urinary and gall bladder stones.
7) high in Vitamin A and the root is high in Vitamins B1,B2,B6 and Vitamin C.
8) Excellent source calcium, potassium, folic acid, essential amino acids, and phosphorous.
so, back to my celery juice project, i went to carrefour last week and straight away walked to the veggies and fruits section. as soon as i saw some fruits in there, my mind started ‘creatively’ working really well! yes, to combine that celery with many fruits so that it can add some other tastes rather than that weird veggie taste!
but what fruit i should pick?? and i end up with this:
why i chose these? first, celery – the main ingredient. of course the ‘must-have’ thing for dis health project. green apple – coz i HEARD it’s good for diet~ dat’s all. haha. orange – for vitamin C and the lastttt one; carrot – for my eyes coz i’m a short sighted! 🙂
after i chopped it nicely and tossed it in the blender, i poured half glass of plain water and dis is how it looks:
and….. this is the result of ‘end product’. hehe 😀
ONE POINT TO HIGHLIGHT: don’t filter and throw away the unwanted (fruit) skin and pulps! dat’s where the highest vitamin can be found in fruits and it is the fibre which good for our colon!
well, so far i still can ‘tolerate’ with the taste of this mixture… but my mom said the celery taste like kedai sensei punya medicine! haha 😛
mind to give it a try?? nayh, it didn’t taste like those things in fear factors by the way! haha
till then 😉