i bought the fluorescent light starter yesterday. just a stupid starter.
i ONLY need one, actually
my bathroom light started to blink for no apparent reason since last Tuesday, so i give it a guess it must be something wrong with the starter.
the problem was – never in my damn life i fixed this thing before! i always depended on Charming (my love, one and only) when he was still around (and this is not the only matter i depended on). these days, his absence almost killing me.
i know it’s just a small matter. i’ve watched him fixed the same thing before and that was during my time staying in a 2-storey bungalow with my sorority sisters 😉 (yes, i did.)
“ten of you (girls) in the bungalow but no one knows how to fix a faulty lamp?” i remember his fave line whenever i called him to come over to repair or fix something in that house.
now (after i moved to another town) i have to do it myself, and i believe i can do it alone!
just pray dat i won’t get the electric shock.
me: shut up, b*itch!
at first, i was looking around for my house main switchboard. but then i remember (again) dat Charming had never ever touched dat damn thing before when he fixed, so i knew myself was just exaggerating.
i went on to the first approach – to make sure dat i REALLY had switched off the light switch. then i gave it a second look (hundreds actually – since last Tuesday!) at the starter right before i pull that thing off from its’ socket.
that’s the old starter i’m about to replace
then, by being completely noob at dis, i grasped that thing using my fingers to clockwise and anti-clockwise turn; just to have some ideas to which way should i pull dat thing so dat it gonna come out from the hole. if i’m not mistaken, i turned it quarterly clockwise until i could feel this old starter unseat itself off the hole.
then what? of course replace it to the new one lah~ haha
i plugged in the new starter and give it a quarter anti-clockwise turn again, until i can really feel it snapped back in place. upon that, i guess my mission is now completed!
(switched on the light with full of hope)
and you really wanna know the result? it blinked still! pfft!!
my broad shoulder fell from its’ frame. i felt hope is gone. i thought i will pass this?! now i got myself really sick! (and yeah, at one attempt!) so what should i do now? i changed the starter already. what now? could it be from the lamp itself? a blown lamp maybe?? but i can’t see any trace of burned or whatsoever! so what’s wrong with the lamp? ….
i just miss my Charming.
i just hope he’s here with me. not to fix the damn lamp. i just need him – as always. i just need his presence. i need him around, that’s all. i won’t ask for more… this thought always brings me to tears.
strange thing happened when i started calling his name while weeping. i mean, a few minutes after that. i could see there was no blinking, but a constant lighting from my back.
of course not him, idiot.
the lamp! i made it! i fixed it! 🙂 it suddenly behaved (bah~) after i cried! (God’s willing) there was i switching on and off the light to see this time it reaaaally worked! and yes, it is! Charming must be very proud of me. 🙂
and there was i, today on friday morning having shower as my usual routine when i heard something like buzzing sound in the bathroom.
and there; the light started to blink AGAIN. ourghh!! NOO…. 😦 *sigh*
i wish i’m in the autobot family where electrical matters really doesn’t matter!